Sunday, January 22, 2012

Big business, TAKE A HIKE!

About two thousand Capetonians gathered at Hout Bay today in a protest march from the start of Chapmans Peak Drive to the site of the proposed toll road office park that the provincial government, in a decidedly dodgy little deal, has given away to the big business company Entilini (basically Murray and Roberts) that "renovated" and administers the toll road. A memorandum expressing the misgivings of the public over the underhand little deal to give away a piece of the Table Mountain National Park AND make us, the taxpayers, pay for it, was handed over to Entilini.
More photos.

3 comments:

  1. you have some great images on your site and glad to hear about recent events occurring in your area. i will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching it on the news last night and I think my biggest disappointment is the fact that the provincial government is supporting the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blog quite often and I truly thank you for your
    information. This great article has truly peaked my interest.
    I am going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

    My web blog :: lgg3

    ReplyDelete