Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just knocking around

Yesterday morning the city was deserted - partly because most people are on holiday and partly because there was a black Southeaster blowing with squalls of light rain. The square in front of The Capetonian Hotel, Pier Place, has these bronze figures dotted around, looking like ordinary people going about their daily business. I just managed to whip out my camera to capture the hooded guy walking in the opposite direction past his bronze double. The guy sitting on the bench is also a bronze statue. I will have to include a few more in future posts. The statues are by sculptor Egon Tania.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent capture, Caroline. I look forward to more of these bronze figures. Have a wonderfully, prosperous New Year. Blessings and (((hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Cape Point during a Southeaster once, and I do remember hanging on to a post while a school bus load of kids visiting the Point were blown down by the winds. Very memorable.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sculptures. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete