Friday, September 3, 2010

A toad among Belles

Would you accept a glass of wine from a toad? At the AmaBele Belles fundraising wine tasting last night there was a fastastic selection of the Western Cape's finest wines. This toad, named Leopold, and his prettier companion Tracy James, were offering us some wonderful "Splattered Toad" wines made on the Cape Point Vineyards estate, specifically to help save the endangered Western Leopard Toad.
The AmaBele Belles are a feisty, talented group of women who have survived breast cancer and who race Dragon Boats - I wish them all the best for future challenges.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the Splattered Toad wines. I will have to go and have a look. Not that I drink wine, but it would be nice to add a red from there to my wine collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been there either. But will soon change that!

    ReplyDelete